Rainy day outfit

As much as I like to complain about the weather here in Rotterdam, I really don't love the rain. Yes – people think that’s weird. I hear my friends say all the time that they’re not sure how much more of this they can take. And occasionally, I feel that way too.

But if I don’t do my hair that day (as I clearly didn’t for these photos), I’m not wearing shoes that are about to get ruined, and I don’t have anywhere else important that I need to be – there’s really nothing more fun than getting caught in a bit of a downpour. Honestly, sometimes it’s liberating.
So cheers to making the best out of crumby weather, wearing rain boots as if they were regular shoes, and channeling your inner Gene Kelly by singing in the rain!


Outfit details:
Sweater: Red paint, Jacket: H&M on trend, Rainboots: Ed Hardy, Socks: Babyphat, Jeans: Cello, Watch: G by Guess, Vintage Chandelier Earrings with Crystals: The Find


Thanks to the torrential downpour that has plagued Holland this week (okay – perhaps I’m being a bit dramatic), I’ve been sporting my rain boots quite a bit lately.
Rain boots, which used to be no more than a functional (and awkward) necessity, have in the past few years morphed into quite the fashion statement. I wear mine with skinny jeans tucked in, leggings, skirts, dresses – you name it!











Love my Ed Hardy rain boots!!!! 

Click here to view more Vintage Chandelier earrings


No matter your rain boot needs – tall, short, statement-making or subtle – there’s a stylish pair out there for you! These are a few of my favorites. Each is functional, fashionable, and downright adorable. But I have to admit that Hunter is the one that conquered my fashion heart <3



There are a couple of directions you can go with rain boots, depending on the look you’re going for. You can embrace the whimsical and classic ‘rain boot’ look and go for a pair like the Tretorn boots (above – #4). Or you can opt for a more subtle pair, which look more like booties than rain gear, a la the Mel by Melissa (#2) – and #1 and #3 as well. Or there’s the styles (like the UO Zip-Up (#5) or the LR boot (#7)) that resemble riding boots and have been very popular this year.
Personally, I lean toward the pairs that resemble riding boots or booties because I think you can get the most milage out of them (they aren’t just travel shoes – you can wear them at your final destination, too!) But either way swing it, with any of these boots, you’ll be totally stylish and can’t really go wrong.
Which are your favorites? Or do you own a pair of rain boots already? If you do, where do you wear them and what do you wear them with?

Comments

  1. Your Outfit looks great and I like your Wellies,they will look good with any Outfit.
    Kisses
    Julie

    http://juliewearswellingtons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Julie!!!

    thank u very much my dear. Big hug and kisses Xx <3

    Dayhanna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Disneyland Paris

Trend to love: Neoprene